Will’s achievements have been covered by CNN, BBC, The Today Show, Discovery Channel, Voice of America, KDKA News and Talk Radio, and ABC, CBS, and NBC national affiliate stations. He has also appeared in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The New York Times, Explorers Journal, and GQ. During 2003 and 2004, Will delivered an inspirational Public Service Announcement viewed by over 17 million people.* Will’s 2004 Mt. Everest expedition had a reach of over 37 million people.* In 2005, Will won the Media Spokesperson of the Year Award.
To book Will for your next event, click here!
Among his global expeditions, Will has successfully ascended the highest peaks on all seven continents and walked to the North and South Poles. In 2001 he was privileged to climb 15 unmapped, unexplored mountains in Greenland. Expeditions have also taken Will to Patagonia, Mountains of the Moon, the Sahara Desert, and the Thar Desert of India.
Will’s memberships include the American Alpine Club, Royal Geographical Society, Explorers Club, British Mountaineering Council, and the American Mountain Guides Association. He received a Gold Congressional Award for exemplary service to the United States, granted for his initiative, achievement and service. Will is a professional member of the National Speakers Association.
Will holds a Bachelor of Arts from Allegheny College, a Master of Science in Education from Duquesne University, and Secondary Principal’s Certification from the University of Pittsburgh, where he specialized in educational programs for troubled teens. Will, his wife Amy and their 6 children live in Pittsburgh.
- Motivate: A proven safe and successful expedition leader in deserts, mountains, and polar regions. Will Cross delivers specific, powerful and lasting impressions.
- Business: Will Cross is a dynamic, powerful, and enthusiastic keynote, business and after dinner speaker.
- Management: Will Cross applies his everyday management of diabetes and his organizational skill as a world class expedition leader to your business structure.
- Leadership: Will Cross’s speeches are thought provoking and engaging. Will Cross motivates can help move your team towards a positive transformation.
Keynote Speaking Highlights
- Diabetes Educators regional Leadership Forum in Miami, Boston, and Salt Lake City, 2003
- Western Pennsylvania Field Institute Outdoor Festival, May 2003
- Outstanding Young Citizens Award, hosted by Pittsburgh Tribune Review, April 2003
- Boy Scouts of America, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Royal Geographical Society keynote address to international press (BBC, CNN, London Times), 2002
- International Conference of Diabetes and Endocrinology in Budapest, Hungary, September 2002
- Diabetes Exercise & Sports Association Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland August 2002
- Joslin Clinic, June 2002
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, September 2002
- NovoNordisk Pharmaceuticals National Product Launch (Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta) 2002
- Diabetes Exercise & Sports Association Eastern Annual Conference, April 2002
- LifeScan National Sales Meeting, Orlando, 2002
What others say about Will Cross
“Many will benefit greatly from Will’s extraordinary efforts.” –Mark Nordenberg, Chancellor University of Pittsburgh
“I was impressed by Will’s evident leadership qualities, his vision and determination, his considerable expertise, and strength.” –The Honourable Alexandra Shackleton
“We recognize Will’s excellence, achievement, and commitment in overcoming the challenges of diabetes through exercise.” –LifeScan, a Johnson & Johnson Company
“Will’s story is truly inspiring.” –Pittsburgh Tribune Review
“Will is a great example of how to turn an adverse situation into a gift to others.” –Representative Mike Turzai
“An outstanding achievement that reflects honor upon the college.” –Richard Cook, President Allegheny College
“Extraordinary determination and effort.” –Pennsylvania House of Representatives
“I feel totally humbled by these achievements.” –Sir Michael Hirst, Diabetes UK