Mike Marolt is recognized as one of the world’s best extreme skiers. Mike along with his twin brother Steve, lead and became the first Americans (first from the western hemisphere) to climb and ski from 8,000 meters. Mike and Steve, both CPA’s, became the first Americans to ski from the death zone on the Mt. Everest. Mike is a great speaker who brings passion and experience from mountains to your event. He will inspires and challenges you to reach for your extreme potential.
To book Mike for your next event, click here!
Before this private expedition hit the lofty slopes of north Everest, only 8 other people had set skis on the mountain. With their leadership as co leaders, they had an unprecedented 6 people ski from above 7,000 meters, 3 of which climbed and skied from just over 7600 meters. Of the 7 American ski descents from over 25,000, Mike and Steve have 4 of those. All This, mind you, without the aid of porters, oxygen, or altitude drugs. Mike is also a CPA and can attribute his ability to understand that in business and life, good things often do not come easy or by shortcutting. His approach to climbing and skiing is similar to his approach to business. Many of the problems seen in the corporate structure over the past few years can be attributed to people wanting the “summit” at any cost. As a climber and one of the country’s top high altitude skiers, Mike demonstrates that through the pure approach, a team effort and hard work can yield to success at all levels. But more importantly, with this approach, you leave nothing to question.
Mike lives in Aspen and is a KPMG Peat Marwick alumni.
- Ski from the Top of the world!
- Your Extreme Potential
From Lucas Toscano, president of the Harvard Mountaineering Club:
“Mr. Marolt’s presentation at the Harvard Mountaineering Club stirred up excitement about extreme ski mountaineering amongst our members. To meet a “normal guy” and see how he and his friends pulled off such an amazing expedition was inspiring–our members still refer to ‘that guy who skiied Everest’ with awe. It was a pleasure to host Mr. Marolt at dinner with our officers and an honor to help him share his adventures with the public.”
From John Minier, the president of the university of Colorado backcountry ski club:
“A testament to what can happen when a group of guys chase down a dream” “The perfect anecdote for the monotony of modern ski porn.”
From Annabelle Kent, former video editor Banff Center / Banff Film Fest: An inspiring mountain adventure that you don’t want to miss!
Outside Magazine reported that “Mike and Steve Marolt are two of the most accomplished high altitude skiers alive”. With a life time of skiing and climbing in the Elk Mountains near his home in Aspen Colorado, as well as over 25 years of expeditions to over 40 of the world’s greatest mountains, by paying their dues in the mountains, They have achieved a level of experience that sets them among the elite of the elite.
Among Their accomplishments:
- First Americans to ski from 8,000 meters.
- First Americans and 6th and 7th people ever to have multiple ski descents from above 8,000 meters.
- World leaders in ski descents from above 7,000 meters with 6
- Among world leaders with ski descents from above 6,000 meters with 10.
- First Americans to ski the North Ridge of Mt. Everest (twice, 2003 and 2007)
Among others, the Marolt brothers have been included in:
- Outside Magazine feature, Twin Freaks, September 2010
- On the Outside Magazine 25th year anniversary list of outstanding adventures for becoming the first Americans to ski from 8,000 meters, Shishapangma, October 2002
- Listed in Sports Illustrated’s all time greatest first Descents, November 2002
- Featured in Warren Miller’s epic film, Higher Ground, 2005
- Profiled National Geographic Adventure 2002
As a film maker, Mike Marolt has produced 7 films:
- 2008 Aspen International Short Film Festival, Top Documentary
- Official selection, Aspen International Film Festival
- Two time official selection, Graz International Film Festival
- Presenter Film, Mountain Film Telluride
- Two time official selection, Mountain Film Telluride
- Official selection, Explorer’s Club New, York City
- Official selection, Dengle International Film Festival, Ireland
- Skiing Everest, national tour with Landmark Theaters, Rave Motion Pictures, and Goodrich theaters.
- Official selection, Mountain Film Taos
- Official selection, Florida Fringe Film Fest
- Additionally, among others, Mike has had films air on NBC, Versus, and provided footage for Discovery education films.
Mike and Steve are both CPA’s with national firm experience. They bring to totally unique combination of world class mountaineering experience with professional career experience to their motivational presentations to help people understand how to set goals, and more importantly, by example how to achieve them.
To reach the summit of your next business conference, club meeting, training seminar, or social function, contact us:
Marketing and Management Company