To achieve the summit of your next business conference, training seminar, club meeting, or social function, let Andrew Lock MOTIVATE, CAPTIVATE and ENTERTAIN your audience.
To book Andrew for your next event, click here!
Andrew Lock has lived more adventure, hardship, near death and exhilarating life experiences, than most people ever even read about, let alone imagine. He is the ultimate example of long term commitment to personal goals, beliefs and passions. Few sportspeople or adventurers can claim to have committed to a 14 year project, especially one that takes the lives of so many of their peers along the way.
As a business owner, Andrew understands the issues that matter – personnel development and motivation, risk assessment, team work, realistic goal setting, communication, leadership, change management, dealing with conflict and more.
These experiences have empowered Andrew to enthuse others, both individually and in groups. A sought after Key Note Speaker, he imbues his accomplishments with a strong message of teamwork, motivation and achievement. He has thrilled audiences from 50 to 500 at public presentations, business seminars and international conferences.
Clients have included:
- Deutche Bank
- Craig Mostyn
- Toyota Australia
- Crown & Marks Executive Search
- Baxter Pharmaceuticals
- Moranbah North Coal
- Pittendrigh Shinkfield & Bruce
- Sunglass Hut
- National Geographic
- Halley & Mellowes
- Achievement Concepts
- Outdoor Insights
- Oceanwide Expeditions
- Antarctic Horizons
- Outdoor Life Group
- Lions International
- Rotary and many others
Andrew will tailor an address to meet your specific goals and he will work with you to reflect the focus that you wish to present.
Some comments from clients…
“Andrew’s presentation was both insightful and entertaining. He has the credibility and real life experience that really captured our guests imagination. He also was able to relate the issues of leadership, strategy and team culture on Everest back to Australia’s Boardrooms “.
Stephen Lennard, Joint Managing Director, Crown & Marks Executive Search
“Your presentation at our recent training weekend was a highlight our program. ”
Chris Williams Manager, Customer Relations Department Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Ltd
“Supporting our conference theme…, your talk was relevant, succinct and highly motivating. Our team was still on a high for the two days of the conference following your presentation.”
Bill Hayes-Williams Chief Accountant Craig Mostyn & Co Pty Ltd.
“Just a quick note to thank you for your exhilarating talk at our recent national sales conference. Your talk demonstrated very succinctly the vital role teamwork and communication takes”
Murray Sheer Managing Director Halley & Mellowes Pty Ltd.
“Thank you for your outstanding presentation…clearly met our objective”
Stephen Klemich Managing Director Achievement Concepts.
“Thank you for finding the time to present to our members. It was a fantastic lecture and a great way to start our year”
Howard Whelan, Editor, Australian Geographic Pty Ltd
“Your presentation was not only absorbing and interesting but clearly delivered a vital message”
“You have a natural approach to conveying messages and ideas and are, in my view, an excellent role model.”
Andrew’s bio is below…
Andrew Lock is Australia’s most accomplished high altitude mountaineer and widely recognised as one of Australia’s most competent Mountain Climbing and Remote Area trekking guides. His expertise as an international expedition leader and logistician to destinations around the world is highly sought after, with a resume that includes leading successful expeditions to Heard Island, Central Asia, South America, Mt Everest’s summit and remote areas of nearly every continent on earth.
As the most accomplished high altitude mountaineer in Australian history, his achievements encompass 16 summits of 8000 metre peaks, including Mt Everest (twice) and eleven other of the world’s fourteen 8000 metre peaks, more than twice that of any other Australian, placing him in a select group of the world’s best alpinists. Additionally, Andrew accomplished the first Australian ascent of 5 of those mountains, a record that can never be broken.
His continuing mountaineering successes include:
- The only Australian to climb thirteen of the world’s fourteen 8000 metre peaks, including Mt Everest (twice), K2 and Annapurna.
- The first Australian to lead a commercial expedition to the summit of Mount Everest.
- The first Australian ascent of five of the world’s 8000 metre peaks
- Solo ascents of four 8000 metre peaks: Broad Peak, Lhotse, Shishapangma Central and Cho Oyu
- The only Australian to climb two 8000 metre peaks in one year (he has done this four times, twice climbing two peaks in a single expedition!)
- Ascents of the highest mountains in the western and southern hemispheres
His 8000 metre achievements include:
- 1993 K2, 8611 metres, world’s 2nd highest mountain -1st Australian ascent via Pakistan.
- 1997 Dhaulagiri, 8167 metres, world’s ?? highest mountain – 1st Australian ascent.
- Broad Peak, 8048 metres, world’s ?? highest mountain – solo ascent
- 1998 Nanga Parbat, 8125 metres, world’s 9th highest mountain – 1st Australian ascent.
- 1999 Hidden Peak, 8068 metres, world’s 11 highest mountain, 1st Australian ascent.
- Gasherbrum 2, 8035 metres, world’s 14th highest mountain – alpine style ascent.
- 2000 Everest, 8850 metres, world’s highest mountain – 1st Australian to lead a commercial expedition to the summit of Mt Everest.
- 2002 Manaslu, 8163 metres, world’s 8th highest mountain – 1st Australian ascent
Lhotse, 8450 metres, world’s 4th highest mountain – solo ascent.
- 2003 Shishapangma Central, solo ascent.
- 2004 Everest, 8848 metres, 2nd personal ascent – Discovery channel expedition climber and cameraman.
- Cho Oyu, 8201 metres, world’s 7th highest mountain, solo ascent
- 2005 Cho Oyu, 2nd personal ascent – commercial expedition leader.
- Shishapangma Central, 2nd personal ascent – commercial expedition leader
- 2006 Kanchenjunga, 8596 metres, world’s 3rd highest mountain, 2nd Australian ascent.
- 2007 Annapurna, 8091 metres, word’s 10th highest mountain – 1st Australian ascent.
- 2008 Makalu, 8470 metres, world’s 5th highest mountain.
Andrew has led teams of inexperienced people to the summit of Mt Everest and some of the most inhospitable environments on earth. But success has not come easily. He has survived avalanches, crevasse falls, frostbite, bivouacs at extreme altitude without equipment and witnessed friends perish.
His exceptional achievements in the face of such adversity have demanded supreme levels of endurance, motivation and leadership.
A vastly experienced Antarctic veteran, Andrew has led, trained and guided members of the Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions on multiple expeditions and guided commercial groups across Antarctica and the sub Antarctic.
He has a comprehensive background in corporate and outdoor training, military and multi-agency emergency services.
He holds a Bachelor of Social Science (Emergency Management) with Distinction, is the recipient of the Australian National Medal, the Australian Defence Medal and has twice been awarded the Mt Everest medal by the Government of Nepal. He is a regular speaker at charity events.
He is an experienced mountain and wilderness documentary cameraman and in 2004 was contracted to film the summit of Mt Everest for Discovery Channel, a production that has been shown on multiple occasions around the world. His 2007 film footage from Mt Annapurna in Nepal, was widely shown on international television.
To reach the summit of your next business conference, club meeting, training seminar, or social function, contact us:
Marketing and Management Company